School Comms Information
As a school we endeavour to use a paperless communication system as much as possible. This is not only be a positive environmental step but will also save time and money which can better be used to enhance learning and teaching. As a result we operate a nationwide system called Schoolcomms for our School/Home communications. Letters and reports will be sent to you electronically via Schoolcomms and e-mail rather than via your child or through the post. This will also ensure that communication gets to your directly and promptly.
Through the School Gateway app or Website, you can view up-to-date information regarding your child. You will be able to do the following through their Gateway System:
- View attendance percentages
- View lesson timetable
- Download and view reports
- View your Child’s details
- Send and receive messages when using the mobile app
- Make payments for trips and lunch money
- View lunch purchases
How to install and register through the School Gateway Mobile App (which we strongly recommend)
The set-up process is simple and will take no more than a couple of minutes:
- Search for “School Gateway” in the Apple App Store/Google Play or on your phone go to:
- http://www.schoolgatewav.com/apple (Apple)
- http://www.schoolgateway.com/android (Android).
- Install the app and if you are asked then say yes to “Allow Push Notifications”.
- When you launch School Gateway for the first time, please select ‘New User’ and enter the email address and mobile telephone number you have previously registered with the School.
- The system will send you a PIN code to your mobile phone; please enter this PIN code and the app will be activated for you. As soon as you have got the system set up, all of the text messages we send you will appear in the app; you will receive notifications/alerts as normal.
How to Register through the School Gateway Website (for PC/laptop access)
- Go to www.schoolgateway.com
- When you visit the School Gateway website for the first time, please select ‘New User’ and enter your email address and mobile telephone number you have registered with the School.
- The system will send you a PIN code to your phone; please enter this PIN code and your account will be activated for you.
If you are unable to register with the gateway system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details and someone will get back to you in due course:
- Your Child’s name and Form
- Your Name, mobile number and email address
- A brief summary of the issue that you are experiencing