In this section
In this section
- For Sixth Former students to act as role models for younger students
- For Sixth Form students to act as representatives for the school
- To promote equality and cohesion
- To ensure that students are ready to learn
- To differentiate Sixth Form students from the rest of school
- To promote Sixth Form leadership to younger students
- Any colour plain or patterned shirt/blouse/top.
- Black jackets, black fine knit jumpers or black fine knit cardigans are allowed for extra warmth.
- No thick jumpers/cardigans, hoodies, or denim jackets.
- Tops should not display logos
- Plain (not patterned) black skirt/trousers/dress.
- Plain (not patterned) black cultural dress.
- No leggings, joggers or jeans.
- Any colour flat or low-heeled shoes or boots
- No trainers.
- Any colour tights and socks are permitted.
- Coat (to be removed when entering school buildings).
- Bag (fit for purpose).
- Hats/baseball caps must not be worn inside.
- Hoodies are not part of the dress code and, if worn to school, should be removed on entry to school buildings.
Head and Face Coverings
- Any colour head covering is allowed.
- It is not permitted to cover the face.
Hair styles policy:
- Hair can be worn in any style.
- Long hair must be tied back for Science, D&T, Food and P.E. lessons (and other lessons as requested) for health and safety reasons.
- We embrace all Afro and cultural hairstyles. We acknowledge that Afro-textured hair is an important part of our staff and students’ racial, ethnic, cultural and religious identities, and requires specific styling for hair health and maintenance.
- Hair must not be green, blue, pink, purple or bright red.
- Hair gel/wax may be worn.
- Any colour hair accessories may be worn.
Jewellery and make-up policy:
- Stud earrings are allowed.
- Religious jewellery or emblems can be worn under clothing.
- Henna/mehndi is permitted.
- Discreet make-up is permitted.
- Discreet nose studs are permitted, but not nose rings.
- For health and safety reasons, hoop earrings, nose rings and visible facial piercings are not allowed.